The Forum: Take 3

by Carolyn on February 1, 2010

relating to each other

I know, I know. Here we go again. This is something I’ve been trying to get off the ground for as long as this website has been around. It’s just such a big part of my vision for this space, I can’t let it go. And I want so very much for it to be successful.

I had a forum running before my redesign, but I wasn’t really happy with it. It wasn’t as flexible as I wanted. So now I’ve gone with the forum by bbpress. So far, so good. It’s neat, clean and light with all of the features I was looking for. Primarily a privacy option so that certain forums can only be seen by members. That was really important to me because so many of the issues I get emails about and that I have myself are pretty sensitive, not something you want splattered all over the internet. But how else can we reach out to each other for support?

I’m pretty open here. You all get at least a sense if not the nitty gritty of things I’ve either dealt with or continue to deal with. But sometimes I’m afraid to post something. I’m not anonymous and I don’t want people to get hurt while at the same time I really want some support from people who have gone through similar trials.

So there it is. Click HERE or on the ‘Community Forum’ link in the navigation bar above.  You will see three forums.  One welcoming you and walking you through the registration process (which you don’t need me for, it’s a snap), one gneral discussion area viewable by anyone and a private forum for members only, where I’ve already added a post asking for advice.

I can’t wait to see our community build, and to see the support that we are all capable of giving each other.

PS – If you were already a registered user of the previous forum, I will email you your new login information.  If you don’t wish to be a user, simply email me and I’ll delete you.

1 Liz McLachlan February 1, 2010 at 4:00 pm

LOVE THIS! I can completely appreciate the small (or large) successes relating to anything BLOG! You have been a great inspiration to take my writing to blogging. I went back a couple of days ago and re-read my first few blog entries and it seemed so long ago (but really only since August ’09!) Funny how our vision stays strong with only minor modifications along the way.

<3 Liz – oh and btw, thanks for the great comments on mommy U.
.-= Liz McLachlan´s last blog ..The RUDE Awakening =-.

2 Carolyn February 1, 2010 at 11:21 pm

Thanks Liz! I love looking through the archives. It’s amazing the journey you can actually see yourself taking that way! Your blog has really come along nicely.

3 Angelia Sims February 1, 2010 at 6:45 pm

Wow! Good for you! I will have to check it out. :-)

4 Carolyn February 1, 2010 at 11:19 pm

Please do!

5 Urchin February 1, 2010 at 10:03 pm

The forum WILL be a huge part of your blog, though you already do communicate with your readers through comments. :D

6 Carolyn February 1, 2010 at 11:19 pm

Hey Urchin! You know me well enough to know that I just love the conversation, in whatever form it takes. The forum will offer a much more informal way for us to all get involved in the chatter instead of it usually being just between me and readers. I always love your insight, so I hope to see you there sometimes!

7 Urchin February 2, 2010 at 11:29 am

I have already re-signed up ;)

8 My Baby Sweetness February 2, 2010 at 4:44 pm

I had to stop by to check you out based on your site name alone! Stopping by from SITS.

9 debbie February 2, 2010 at 7:20 pm

I like the idea of a forum. I will go over and check it out.
.-= debbie´s last blog ..Triggering Memories =-.

10 Melissa @Cellulite Investigation February 3, 2010 at 1:34 pm

I’m so glad I stopped in today. I’ve been thinking about starting a forum but I had no idea how to make it happen. I’m going to look into the one you’re using. Thanks!
.-= Melissa @Cellulite Investigation´s last blog ..Is Cellulite Just Part of Being a Woman? That’s What Cherry Maslen and Linda Bird Say in Cellulite Solutions =-.

11 Marissa February 6, 2010 at 10:34 pm

How cool!
.-= Marissa´s last blog ..101 in 1001 Update #1 =-.

12 Christine February 10, 2010 at 6:37 am

Great for you- following through with your vision! I just registered myself. :D
.-= Christine´s last blog ..In other news… =-.

13 Carolyn February 15, 2010 at 1:18 pm

Thank you Christine! And welcome!