Being Grateful

by Carolyn on November 26, 2009

thanksgivingHappy Thanksgiving to my American readers!  Enjoy your celebrations and your official kick off to the Christmas season.  If you’re planning on shopping with all the other crazies in Friday, know that I’ll be out there too.  Who can resist a good deal?  It’s definitely worth crossing the border for.

I was considering a post detailing all of the things I am grateful for in life, but they all really fell into four categories.  I am thankful for all of the family, friends, health, and love that I have been blessed with.  Overall, I am thankful for my life and how I am able to live it.  I’m just so darn lucky.  Despite my truly amazing run of blad luck this particular month.

Speaking of bad luck, my laptop died an apparantly quick and painless death.  It has left me with no bookmarks, no reader (never realized how inconvenient a browser based reader could be), and the prospect of all my files being gone forever.  I’ll never neglect to backup again.  Who knows?  Maybe my luck will persevere and it will be reanimated with everything intact.  It would be a Christmas miracle! ;)

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 Tammy November 26, 2009 at 7:42 am

Fingers crossed for your Christmas miracle!

I’ll be out in full force on Black Friday, too…
.-= Tammy´s last blog ..There are Dozens of Us! Dozens! =-.

2 Christine November 26, 2009 at 9:22 am

I agree – I’m so thankful for everything that I have despite the bumps along the way!
.-= Christine´s last blog ..Bohemian Rhapsody? =-.

3 T November 26, 2009 at 9:29 am

Happy Thanksgiving!
Coming over from SITS and your blog really has struck a nerve with me. Adding you on so as to be able to come back often to read you.
.-= T´s last blog ..Happy Thanksgiving! =-.

4 Life with Kaishon November 26, 2009 at 10:48 am

Oh, thank you for your well wishes : ) I love your four categories of thankfulness! They are just about perfect! Stopping over from SITS. So nice to meet you today!

5 Yaya November 27, 2009 at 7:36 pm

oh computer troubles are never fun.

Happy Thanksgiving!
.-= Yaya´s last blog ..Friday Fragments (including YayaJosh wedding pictures!) =-.

6 Amanda {My Life Badly Written} November 29, 2009 at 8:31 am

Hope you get your Christmas Miracle!!
.-= Amanda {My Life Badly Written}´s last blog ..Bad Blogging Friend =-.

7 Angelia Sims December 3, 2009 at 2:51 pm

Hey Carolyn!

Oh that stinks! Maybe you found a good deal on a laptop Black Friday?
I have a fear of surging crowds. I stick close to the house that day.
:-)
Hope your Thanksgiving was the best. Thinking of you!
.-= Angelia Sims´s last blog ..Timeless Angels =-.

8 Kelly December 3, 2009 at 4:11 pm

Hope you are doing well! A laptop death is the worst. Mine’s not backed up at all… yeah, I’m livn’ on the edge right now. I could live without a lot, but if all my photos were gone, I’d seriously be devastated.
.-= Kelly´s last blog ..Yes, I’m still alive. =-.

9 Theta Mom December 6, 2009 at 7:35 pm

I hope you get your Christmas miracle! Hope you are doing well, computer problems suck!

10 Angelia (Texas) December 29, 2009 at 11:01 am

Thinking of you!
.-= Angelia (Texas)´s last blog ..Christmas Dreams =-.