A Weekend Update

by Carolyn on November 7, 2009

<p>web_design</p>I’m sure anyone who reads here must be thinking that I’m taking a bit of a blog-cation.  But alas, I’ve been working hard and you are about to see the fruits of my labor.  I’ve been spending many a neurotic hour on my site redesign.  I had the header designed by someone else, but there is so much more styling involved!  You almost won’t recognize this little space in a couple of days.  I don’t even think I’m capable of expressing how truly excited I am to go live.  The unveil will also include a new post I’ve been working on, so check back soon!

<p>coparentingmatters</p>

In other news, I have been asked to be a guest on tonight’s episode of Coparenting Matters, a weekly online radio show from the founders of Coparenting101 and WeParent.  This week’s episode is entitled “Helping Kids Cope” and we will be discussing  the impact that parental conflict has on children and some strategies for easing the experience of divorce, separation and two household living on kids.  I have already told you a few times on this site how much I respect the work of Mike and Deesha from coparenting101.  Talibah has left a few very insightful comments here as well and her website is amazing.  You should really stop by.  My favorite category is “Fatherhood Freestyle“, a collection of guest posts written by divorced dads.

So if you’re not doing anything Sunday night starting at 9:30 pm EST, please feel free to listen in or join in the conversation yourself! (And be gentle.  I’m already worried enough that I’ll sound like a moron!)

And now on to some shameless self promotion…..

Nominations are now open for the Canadian Blog Awards.  And since I am Canadian, I would just love to get one of these.  I don’t really have a lot of hope for this year, but hey!  You never know until you try.  There is no limit to how many catagories one can nominate my blog for and you can nominate as many blogs as you want (just in case you know any other fancy Canadian bloggers!).  If you can spare a minute, the nomination process is (although not as easy as I wish is was) pretty easy and I’ll provide the link below.  My blog could be nominated for: overall, blog post (if you had a favorite), blog post series, family, new and/or personal.  Go ahead and nominate me here:

<p>canadianblogawards</p>

Thanks everyone!  And the next time you come to visit, prepare to have your socks knocked off!

1 Angelia Sims November 8, 2009 at 11:02 am

How exciting on your radio show! Congratulations!
.-= Angelia Sims´s last blog ..Our Participation: The Levity Project =-.

2 Carolyn November 10, 2009 at 11:21 pm

Thanks, but I was nervous! I didn’t really know what to expect!

3 Mimi November 8, 2009 at 2:04 pm

wow! Way to go on the show! Can’t wait to see the new design. I hope you don’t wear yourself out!

4 Carolyn November 10, 2009 at 11:22 pm

I’m trying not to, but I’m right at the edge. Once the redesign is up, I’m going to work on a post and then take a few days off!

5 Donna Gnuechtel November 8, 2009 at 7:21 pm

Hey from IL! been enjoying your blog and your thoughts. Good for you and ON THE RADIO TOO! Nice job. I stay tuned. Aunt Donna

6 Carolyn November 10, 2009 at 11:24 pm

Hi Aunt Donna! I’m so glad that you are enjoying reading here. I’m so sorry we missed you when we were in town. Next time!

7 Theta Mom November 8, 2009 at 9:19 pm

OMG! Can’t wait to see the new design, although loving the one you have now!!! I am making the move to WP (using this theme)in about a week. I’m a little nervous but I know I’m doing the right thing! :)
.-= Theta Mom´s last blog ..What Makes You a Theta Mom? =-.

8 Carolyn November 10, 2009 at 11:25 pm

You will LOVE Thesis! I have never regretted going this route. I completely understand your trepidation, but it will all pay off in the end.

9 WhiteSockGirl November 9, 2009 at 10:11 am

I love your blog as it is, so I can’t wait to see the new design.

I have hired a designer for my blog, …. but I think I am the world’s worst customer….

Would have loved to hear the radio show.

Have nominated you in the different categories. Good luck!!!
.-= WhiteSockGirl´s last blog ..The Bitch Diary, (Friday, 06 November 2009) =-.

10 Carolyn November 10, 2009 at 11:27 pm

Oh no. There is no way you are worse customer than I was. In the end we decided to mutually just end it with the header. I’m too neurotic and the bottom line was that I could do the rest. There was really no need for me to torture her any further. Good luck with your redesign!

11 Petula November 9, 2009 at 12:01 pm

You have a lot of excitement going on. Sounds absolutely splendid. Good luck in the awards. Can’t wait to see the re-design and I hope the guest speaking went well. :) Have a great week.

12 Carolyn November 10, 2009 at 11:28 pm

Thanks Petula. Lots going on, that’s for sure.

13 Urchin November 9, 2009 at 3:27 pm

Ooh I can’t wait to see the redesign! I love the little butterfly icon that appeared next to the bookmark. :) Very cute, very you!

14 Carolyn November 10, 2009 at 11:29 pm

I like that little favicon too. I just hope it’s not too girly. I want a male readership too!

15 Urchin November 9, 2009 at 8:12 pm

Zomg! It’s so pretty, Carolyn! <333 -blog stalker has struck again-

16 Carolyn November 10, 2009 at 11:29 pm

Yay! I’m glad you like it.