In search of me – Day 30!!

by Carolyn on August 11, 2009

Forgive Yourself by Julia Breckenreid

Forgive Yourself by Julia Breckenreid

Last question:

Do you forgive yourself?

30 difficult questions.  30 long days.  For those of you who participated in this with me, don’t stop asking yourself questions.  Don’t stop learning about yourselves.

I have really enjoyed this.  A full month of contemplating who I am, how I feel, and what’s important to me.  Did you enjoy it too?  Or did you think it was useless?  Please let me know your thoughts here.  Anyone is welcome, even if you didn’t share any answers along the way.

1 real style real people August 11, 2009 at 8:54 am

first time here- I love the idea of it- makes me stop and think- off to read more of your blog!!!
.-= real style real people´s last blog ..Dream Jeans? =-.

2 Carolyn August 11, 2009 at 9:58 pm

I wish I could answer a resounding ‘YES’ here; but I can’t. Some day’s I do. Most days I don’t. I put a great deal of pressure on myself and in this regard I don’t cut myself much slack either. My perfectionism has a stranglehold on me and as much as I try to shake it, it doesn’t go away.

But I’m trying. Maybe I should try a mantra or some self affirmations in the mirror each morning. I’m sure I could find a Stuart Smalley (bonus points if you get the reference) one that would do. :D

“Because I’m good enough, I’m smart enough, and doggone it, people like me!”

3 Jeannie August 12, 2009 at 8:54 am

Hi there! So nice to *meet* you too! SITS Rocks!!!

And being an Army wife….yeah, I’m a “single mom” alot too.
.-= Jeannie´s last blog ..Inspiring Quotes Wednesday =-.

4 Carolyn August 13, 2009 at 10:18 am

And I guess you can say that with a little more authenticity than most since you don’t always know when and if he’ll be back. Support to all the troops working on everyone’s behalf!

5 La Bell Mere August 12, 2009 at 3:04 pm

Hi Carolyn!

Thank you for finding me!! Are we opposites? Or united in the fact that our lives have been controlled by other peoples circumstances that are beyond our control?

I’d love to hear more from you on the forum – it’s always great to hear a step-child’s point of view. I’m going to set up a post on the forum now for step-children to comment. How was your relationship with your step-mother?

Oooh blimey, I’m going to have you on the pyschiatrists couch in a minute!!! Feel free to tell me to bugger off! I’m very nosey sometimes! ;-)

B xx
.-= La Bell Mere´s last blog ..Mid Week Funny….. =-.

6 Carolyn August 13, 2009 at 10:19 am

No buggering necessary. I left you a reply back on your site and I participated in your forum as well. So glad to *meet* you!

7 Theta Mom August 13, 2009 at 8:03 am

Looks like I missed something really fun…reflection is always worth while! Thanks for stopping by my blog from SITS. I ALWAYS enjoy meeting new bloggers that share the same interests!

I’m so glad you stopped by and I look forward to reading more of your blog. :)
.-= Theta Mom´s last blog ..I’ve Been an Angel All Year… =-.

8 Carolyn August 13, 2009 at 10:16 am

Thanks! I subscirbed to your blog too. I love your premise of the ‘theta’ mom. It’s a movement worth going for!

9 Tammy August 14, 2009 at 6:38 pm

Yes I do but it takes a while for me to get there.

10 Urchin August 15, 2009 at 1:04 pm

No. I have not, I’m not sure I ever will.

11 Carolyn August 15, 2009 at 9:51 pm

Day by day. You never know, it may come.

12 Urchin August 15, 2009 at 11:03 pm