In search of me – Day 5

by Carolyn on July 17, 2009

This Perfect Day by Todd Hunter

This Perfect Day by Todd Hunter

If you could do anything you wanted tomorrow, what would you do?

The sky is the limit here.  Tell me about your perfect day.  ANYTHING!  No restrictions (except keep it G rated please :))  Remember, focus on what you would want to do (you can have a sitter for this day if you require one).

1 Tammy July 17, 2009 at 3:22 pm

I started thinking about this and trips of places I would love to see first came to mind. Like France, I would love to see Dieppe, Vimy, Ypres, etc and I would love to see Austrialia. But those are easy to think of.
When I really thought about it, I realized, I want one more day the whole day with my Dad. At first, I wanted it just for me. But when I thought of things I would tell him about, I realized that I want my husband and my boys there too. I would have love to had those moments when a father meets your boyfriend and having them ask your Dad for your hand in marriage(he did ask my mom). My Dad would have love to have been a grandpa. He was the best and had so much love to give. So my dream day is spending it with and Dad and my family. The only problem is that I would never want that day to end.

2 Carolyn July 17, 2009 at 9:32 pm

Tammy, this is beautiful. That day would be hard for anyone to beat!

3 Frank July 17, 2009 at 4:28 pm

My perfect day is simple, I just don’t know how to make it happen.

I want a day without stress, without fear, without illness or worry. I want to love and be loved. I want to do something nice for someone. I want to get enough sleep, have a great meal with friends, watch a movie in a quiet theater and end that day without worrying about tomorrow.

4 Carolyn July 17, 2009 at 9:33 pm

Awesome. I wish I knew how to make that happen too.

5 Carolyn July 17, 2009 at 9:58 pm

Okay. This question really stumped me. You would think that since I am the one posing these questions, I might make it a little easier on myself! I knew right away how my day would start but I had trouble carrying on from there. But here it is. What I would do tomorrow if only I could.

Side note: I have been on maternity leave for 10 months and have been nursing a child who is utterly confused by the mere presence of a bottle for 9 of them. So on this day of mine, they are at Grammie and PaPa’s house. :D

I’m waking up on my own. No sweet cherub face at the bedside or cooing from another room. No alarms or phones. Just me waking up and feeling completely rested. It would be just before sun rise. I would strap on my iPod, listening to the most incredible playlist and go for a run along the beach (and incredibly I wouldn’t feel winded or tired). While running I would be treated to a spectacular sunrise.

After my run I’d find a nice little cafe to sit and read the paper while having a latte and scone for breakfast. When I’m finished, I’d get on a train and head to Toronto to hang out with my favorite girlfriend. We’d shop and buy shoes and clothes all afternoon. After that we’d hit a spa to get pedicures and massages.

I’d take the train home (boy it must be a fast train!) and get there just in time to get ready for dinner. I’d wear all the new stuff I just bought in TO and go for a spectacular dinner with my husband. We’d laugh and talk and not feel rushed or worried about our children, as we simply enjoyed each other’s company. After dinner we’d take a walk along the beach (I’m not sure where we even are here :)), pulling our feet through the sand and periodically stopping to skip stones.

Back at home I would curl up with a good book and cup of tea. And as I got tired I’d drift off. Knowing I’ll get a full night of uninterrupted sleep.

6 Urchin July 18, 2009 at 11:15 pm

Perfect day? No barriers. No “nos”. Just… a perfect day. Stars above, I don’t know where to begin.

For starters: my dad would believe me. He’d apologize for everything, I’d apologize for things. We’d be happy and I’d move on.

Conan and I would spend the day together, no stress, no fear, no memories pressing down on me. No pain (I’m almost always in pain because of the way I carry myself. My muscles are always locked down in a fight-flight pattern.) It doesn’t matter what we did, I don’t think. I just want to spend that time with Conan, feeling safe, and comfortable in my own skin. I’d feel beautiful without question. I’d feel confident. I’d KNOW beyond any doubt that I was worthy of his love and attention.

My day is mostly emotional, I know this, but that’s what it is. More than anything I want to be the happy-smiling girl people see on the outside. I want that on the INSIDE. I want to feel what I project.