In search of me – Day 3

by Carolyn on July 15, 2009

My daughter Claire - always good for a laugh!

My daughter Claire - always good for a laugh!

Ok, this one should have you smiling all day:

What makes you laugh?  (No limits here.  Just tell me what makes you laugh.)

1 Frank July 15, 2009 at 9:32 am

There are lots of things, of course, but the one thing that has never let me down when I’ve had a crappy day is a live recording of “Are You Lonesome Tonight,” by Elvis Presley.

He gets to the first bridge and starts to laugh. For the rest of the song, the harder he tries to contain himself, the harder he laughs. It’s Elvis as a real human being and it always always always puts a smile on my face.

2 Maryann July 15, 2009 at 11:10 am

My Puppies! No matter how bad my day has been, I can come home and they are so excited to see me that it will always bring a smile to my face.

3 Tammy July 15, 2009 at 2:32 pm

Reading a good book
Hugs from oldest sons and hearing you are the bestest mommy in the world.
The silly faces my second son makes and his silly personality.
The fact that I am the only person my baby truely recognizes right now and his smile when he hears my voice.

Cycling, walking, talking with my husband. He also gives a pretty good back and foot massage!

Good friends both old and new and being able to laugh while we are together.

This easier question too!lol

4 Tammy July 15, 2009 at 8:50 pm

I guess I wrote more about makes me smile or happy. As for laughing. I love to people watch at bars ( when I actually get to go out). I laugh the whole night watching drunken people flirt thinking they look good. When really it is just the beer goggles. It is truely funny for me to watch people stumble around. Then I have to laugh even harder b/c that was me 16 yrs ago!

5 Carolyn July 15, 2009 at 3:55 pm

The show America’s Funniest Home Videos. Without fail. Every time, even if I’m trying not to.

Movies – Dumb and Dumber, Tommy Boy, Something About Mary, Meet the Parents, Dodgeball, Old School, Wedding Crashers, Elf, Austin Powers, A Christmas Story

My kids – Each of them at least once every single day. I have a couple of budding comedians here.

Commercials – my husband will often hear me laughing at dumb commercials on tv.

Myself – not always, but sometimes I’m pretty silly and somewhat accident prone. I can’t throw or catch well, so that’s always good for a laugh too.

6 Frank July 16, 2009 at 1:57 am

Here’s where the truth of it comes out! Dumb and Dumber? Really? *sigh* Hehe.

But Dodgeball is a gem. Just pure comedy gold!

7 Carolyn July 16, 2009 at 9:48 am

“Go on and make your jokes Mr…..Jokie Joke-Maker!” ~ White Goodman

And I’ll have you know that Jeff Daniels and Jim Carey made a legend with that movie! At least for me, anyway. :)

8 Frank July 16, 2009 at 10:56 am

“It’s time to separate the wheat from the chaff, the men from the boys, the awkwardly feminine from the possibly Canadian.” ~ Cotton McKnight

So there. And nobody makes me bleed my own blood. NOBODY.

9 Carolyn July 16, 2009 at 8:51 pm

rofl!

10 Peter Pan July 16, 2009 at 6:43 am

Carolyn,

Even before i read your post the first thing that came to mind was Chris Farley and David Spade. Those 2 always have me in knots, Tommy Boy, Black sheep the saturday nigth live skits etc.. I sure do miss Chris Farley and his crazinest.

11 Carolyn July 16, 2009 at 9:49 am

Awesome tribute! I loved Chris Farley too. So sad.

12 Urchin July 16, 2009 at 11:23 pm

Playing “mock the kitten” (trust me, it’s fun. She does some of the most insane stuff!)

Squeaking mundanes makes me smile, and sometimes laugh. (I’ll go out in garb of some sort. Victorian, Renaissance, Medieval… just watching people try not to stare, the questions I’ll get asked, and the kids who want to do that, but parents who won’t let them because it’s not “acceptable”. Who says? And why?)

Monty Python. Men at Work. Johnny McGovern. When my trans friends S and W go into a “Connery-off”. (They’re male to female, so when they go LOW it’s hilarious to watch people’s heads whip around in astonishment.)

Funny stories.

Villains who don’t wash their hands – because they’re EVIL.

Eddie Izzard.

Evil Dead. Evil Dead 2. Army of Darkness.

So many things. I’m actually pretty easy to make laugh, and I love the way it makes me feel.

13 Frank July 17, 2009 at 1:36 am

“Villains who don’t wash their hands – because they’re EVIL.”

Thank you, Urchin. That made ME laugh. You’re awesome. :-D

14 Carolyn July 17, 2009 at 9:31 am

Me too. That was priceless!

15 Thera August 20, 2009 at 2:58 pm

What makes me laugh has to be my older son Cole he’s a riot. He has all these different voices and char’s he does it so funny! I also make myself laugh I am just as silly. My friends too It makes me laugh when I know I’ve made someone else laugh. And my dogs me and my younger son use the laser pointer and watch them go crazy then we laugh hysterically when we point it at one dogs butt and the other dog bites it tooooooo funny!

16 Carolyn August 20, 2009 at 9:37 pm

Okay, that one got me laughing just reading it!

17 Holly October 7, 2009 at 8:58 am

I laugh at alot… but i love the way i feel when we are dancing and laughing together… that’s weird isn’t it…???

and when i am playing with my neices and they have the most pure laughter in the world… there is a certain age when it is just so very innocent… i have had this with all my nieces (9 of them) but most of them have grown past this stage, Cate is the one i laugh with now… she is sooo absolutely refreshing…

18 Carolyn October 8, 2009 at 12:33 am

There’s nothing quite like the laughter of a child.