In search of me – Day 10

by Carolyn on July 22, 2009

I've done it!

I've done it!

Wow!  We’re a third of the way through already!

What is your greatest accomplishment?

1 Frank July 22, 2009 at 2:16 pm

I made a promise to a girl, in the name of love, that I would show up at a certain beach at sunrise to wait for her, every year, on her birthday and on mine. I kept that promise for 17 years, despite the fact that she never showed.

I think that set the bar sufficiently high.

2 Angie July 22, 2009 at 11:17 pm

I graduated from college in spite of being a drop-out teen parent and I am starting grad school this fall. While that is technically my greatest accomplishment, I most pride myself on being a good mother and raising wonderful kids that are caring, responsible adults (not that I can take all the credit, they are their own person).

3 Carolyn July 23, 2009 at 9:05 am

Again, just one? I’m going to list two again (I know, breaking all the rules), but I’m going to rank them so that I do technically have a ‘one’.

1 – My family. Marrying my husband and raising my two children will always be my greatest accomplishment. I have created this most special thing. A family. Where we all feel comfortable expressing ourselves and just being us. Where we all feel happy and accepted. Where we can be ourselves and know we’ll always be treated with love, kindness and tenderness. I’ll never be able to top that.

2 – My community program. I made a difference. I positively impacted lives. Although I haven’t done it for four years now, people still recognize me when I’m in the community. People still thank me. One woman even calls me her ‘angel’ every time she sees me and explains to everyone within ear shot how I saved her life. It was difficult to let something like that go. But you know what? I actually met with people just last week about consulting to help them get their own program off the ground. Maybe my best is yet to come in this domain!

PS – sorry this didn’t get up last night. I was having trouble with the wifi here. Grrr.

4 Tammy July 23, 2009 at 9:19 am

My family. I have been lucky enough to find a wonderful husband and I have given birth to three beautiful healthy boys(2 of them naturally, huge accomplishment). I am proud of what we have and hope to show my boys what *happily ever after* truely is.

5 Carolyn July 23, 2009 at 10:56 pm

Frank – That is commendable. Yes, the bar was set high.

Angie – Wow. I don’t know what else to write!

Tammy – I wish you all your *happily ever after*!

6 Urchin July 23, 2009 at 11:20 pm

I’m going to say surviving. Plain and simple. In spite of a lot, I’ve pushed through. One of my many nicknames is “Scootch” because sometimes all you can do is scootch along. I can still smile. I can still imagine a happy ending.

7 Frank July 24, 2009 at 3:37 am

Thanks, Carolyn, but honestly… had we ended up together after all that, it would have been a sweet story. Instead, I look like a fool. And I feel like one, too.